Welcome back to Friday Faith Walk. Every Friday we feature a new story of how someone came to faith in Christ.
We all come from different places; we walk different paths, no two are the same. God reaches out to each of us at different times and in different ways until we open the door and let Him in. He does this through people, events, and circumstances in life (good and bad), and sometimes even by miracles, visions and dreams. He gives us free will and will not come into our life uninvited.
It doesn’t matter how we get here. We just need to hear His message and receive the gift of life He has offered.
If you haven’t taken your own faith walk yet, I hope you will see yourself in these stories. I pray it will give you the courage and faith to take your own faith walk.
These are your Faith Walks. John Rackliffe, Writer at Pouring Down Like Rain
1. Was God present in your life as you grew up/in your parent’s life?
I went to church but cannot say that I had awareness of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. If so, did you attend church regularly?
Yes I attended regularly with my parents.
3. At what age did you make your statement of faith to Christ?
Of my own accord, at age 18.
4. For many people there is a pivotal circumstance and/or a primary relationship that either changed the course of their Faith Walk, or (for some) started their Faith Walk. Can you tell us about yours?
At age 44 while sitting in church, God spoke to my spirit and said, “When are you going to take me seriously?” It was at this point I began a journey of faith walking with God in which he has increased my faith consistently ever since.
5. Has anything changed about you or your life since you have accepted Christ? What’s your Faith Walk look like now vs. before?
Before I attended church on Sunday and that was it. Now I have a relationship with Christ that is a daily experience sometimes hourly or even more frequently. I cannot imagine a day going by in which I do not talk with, read about, and enjoy my Savior.
6. Do you think your life would have turned out different had you not heard His message?
7. What’s your favorite bible verse and why?
“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.”(Is 26:3) It is hard to pin down a favorite verse because God’s Truth is so BIG. This verse though is one of the first I put to memory because it reminds me of the joy and calmness one has who puts his trust completely on Christ in all situations.
8. Share something you struggle with as a believer (if comfortable) in your Faith Walk.
I still struggle with complete trust God. However, the longer I walk with Him the more I give over to Him in complete trust.
9. Any advice for new believers or non-believers?
Read your bible, pray for God to reveal what it says and do it daily. “Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God,” is illustrated perfectly in daily study of God’s Word (the Bible).
If you’d like to have your Faith Walk featured, leave me a comment or contact me through your favorite social media. I’d love to hear your story.
I’m linking here this week.