We all want to get ahead in this world; we want to be popular with friends, we want to succeed in work or school. We want to be the best parent, the best friend, the best spouse we can be.
This can lead to competition with the ones we love and respect; maybe even with those we dislike a bit. It can make some of us look in the mirror and feel inadequate and insecure at what we have achieved compared with our family, or maybe our friends and neighbors.
We start to play the comparison game. We feel like we have far exceeded in some categories; but in others our friends are miles ahead of us in the game of life.
In fact, if we are honest with ourselves – we didn’t even hear the starting pistol go off in some areas.
Friends, your life is not a race.
You are not here to win or lose. You are here to make a difference in the world.
- Your life should not look like the friend you graduated high school with who is now the CEO of a major corporation.
- You don’t have to be married with 2.5 children just because all your friends are. You also don’t have to live with your significant other because it’s what all the people are doing now. Use your own moral compass.
- Just because you don’t have a degree from THAT university, or from any university, it doesn’t mean you don’t have a worthy calling in this life. It is never too late to set your mind toward a goal and go after what you want in this life. Hard work and perseverance will always payoff, maybe not in the way you expect, but sometimes it can be so much better.
- You don’t have to look a certain way or wear a specific size to be accepted by that group of people you have known most of your life. If you are being asked to do this, run in the other direction. FAST.
- Don’t lie, cheat, steal or misrepresent yourself because you think it will help you get ahead and because you think you will never get caught. Live a life of honesty, character and integrity.
You were put on this earth for a specific purpose. You are here to run your race, no one else’s. Don’t get worried about how long it’s taking you to follow your dream and start looking at someone else’s life. Of course it’s going to look different from yours. Just stay in your lane.
Whether you are working on a marriage, on your degree, on a better job, etc., be honest, do your work with integrity, put all you have into it and pray. With most things, you get the same out of something that you put into it.
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7
Keep your eyes on your own lane. Don’t worry about what everyone else is doing. That’s when you get into trouble. Just finish the race God intended for you.
I’m linking up here today.